Monday, March 15, 2010

Spinach Salad!

Sorry, I have been away for so long. I am in the midst of planning my wedding on April 10th. I am doing it all. Wow! What a big job! Now, onto the good stuff...the food.

Salad:
1 bag of baby spinach
1/2 red onion sliced paper thin.**note: when I use raw onion in a salad. I soak the slices in ice water. It makes them crisp, takes a little of the bite out, and leaves the flavor!**
2 oranges- segmented
Get a big bowl and add all of the ingredients

Dressing:
1/4 cup good olive oil
2 tablespoons of honey
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 lemons- juice
kosher salt and pepper to taste

Whisk to combine all of these ingredients. Toss vinaigrette with salad. Enjoy! This is a quick easy salad. You can add blue cheese crumbles and toasted walnuts. Remember, you can ROCK THAT PLATE!

No comments: