Sunday, January 2, 2011

Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies!




1 cup butter     ...okay for the no Paula Deen/ I want to live longer crowd. You can use margarine.
1 cup sugar (caster) + 1/2 cup (reserve for rolling )
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
Cream butter, vanilla, and sugar ingredients together. Add eggs one at a time and beat.
1 cup peanut butter. We love chunky!
1 teaspoon baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups sifted All pupose flour
2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

Add flour, salt, and soda in a large bowl. Now combine wet to dry. Stir until combined. Then add in the mini chocolate chips and stir.  I use an ice cream scoop to insure my cookies are the same size. Form the scoops into balls. Roll each ball into the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar until coated. Place on a parchment or Silpat lined baking sheet. Press vertically then horizontally with a fork to form a checkerboard pattern. It is easiest if the fork is also dipped in sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for around 10 minutes. Remember every ovens cooking temp varies. Keep your eyes on them.

I use my Kitchen Aid stand mixer for all my baking. You can make multiple batches with great ease this way. You can find ice cream scoops in all sizes. I included a photo of mine. Silpats are a life saver! I own 4. Two for baking. I use 2 for meats. Silpats make baking bacon and meatloaf's a breeze. Everyone should own
them! Remember, you can ROCK THAT PLATE!

No comments: