Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Icing!!




This is a very tasty cake for fall! I have made several variations on this cake! I think this is the best. The only thing is trying to resist eating the whole cake! Go ahead because it is super easy to make and has vegetables in it!
1 spice cake mix
1 cup milk (I use skim!)
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 grated zucchini
1 can Glory sweet potato casserole product
3 eggs
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Mix zucchini,eggs, vanilla,sweet potatoes, and milk together. Add the cake mix and blend as usual. You may need to add more milk if your mix is tight. Fill a sprayed and floured bundt cake pan. Bake on 300 degrees until a knife comes out clean. This takes me around an hour.
Frosting:
1 block of Nuefchatel cream cheese (just low fat!)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
powder sugar (enough to get the icing as thick or thin as you want it)
Blend!
This cake is great for several reasons. I love the fact that there is no oil of any kind. I is a super easy beginners recipe. It has the quintessential fall flavors. It is virtually an indestructible recipe! I have made this with a can of pumpkin or zucchini and mini dark chocolate chips, or pumpkin, bourbon and pecans! This cake is a moist luxurious treat. Enjoy!
I wanted to say that I use a zip top bag to ice this with. Put all the icing in one corner of the bag and snip the end off. I just draw lines back and forth for a dramatic look. Remember, You and I can, ROCK THAT PLATE!

No comments: