Sunday, November 1, 2009

What is Kefta?


Kefta is a Middle Eastern Kebab. This is definitely Jason's favorite meal! It can be made with lamb or hamburger. It is very flavorful.




Kefta Kebabs:

1 pound hamburger and 2 pounds ground lamb- you can make this with just hamburger.(3 pounds meat total!)
1/2 cup minced flat leaf parsley
1 table spoon red pepper flakes- less if you do not like your food spicy.
1 and 1/2 half tablespoons of cumin
3 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 small minced white onion
1 small clove of garlic grated on a micro plane.
salt and pepper

see this link for quinoa salad recipe!  http://rockthatplate.blogspot.com/2009/10/sumac-chicken.html
Mix all spices and veg into the meat. Try not to over work the meat. It will come out with a dry texture. I shape this by hand. I usually grill these, but the weather has been bad. I shape them into links about the length of the pita bread. I slice one white onion and 1 green pepper and place it all on a foil lined sheet pan . I included a photo before I bake them at 400 degrees until browned and cooked throughout. I top this with the same Quinoa tahini salad as in the Sumac chicken recipe! I hope allot of people try this it is fabulous! Remember, you can ROCK THAT PLATE!













No comments: