Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Chicken Enchiladas!

This sauce was given to me in coupon form from the Kraft First Taste program!
Warm, spicy,and satisfying!
One small Spanish onion. Blitz in a food processor and sauté in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until golden brown. Take 2 cup of left over (baked or roasted) boneless skinless chicken breast. Mix in 3/4 of the Philadelphia Santa Fe Cooking Creme and 1/2 cup of salsa. You can add drained & rinsed black beans or corn. I really wanted to add a red pepper but the price for one is all jacked up. Come on Summer!

Spray your casserole dish with non stick spray or rub with olive oil. Place 1/4 of salsa in the bottom and spread around.

Add 2 tablespoons of chicken mixture into the center of a corn torrilla and roll. Place them seam side down in the casserole dish. Fill the dish. Close together is best!

Cover with 1/2 to 1 cup of salsa. Sprinkle 1/2  a cup of  Jack cheese. Pour the remaining Cooking Creme  (mixed with hot water) over the top of the casserole. Bake on 375 degree temp for 30 - 45 minutes until golden brown.
What you need!
2 cups of leftover chicken (baked, roasted, or grilled) Shredded or cubed!
1 small Spanish onion -blitzed in a food processor.
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 package of Philadelphia Santa Fe Cooking Creme
10 corn tortillas
2 cups of salsa
1/2 cup of shredded Jack cheese
1/4 cup of HOT water- to mix with the last 1/4 of the cooking creme

**I suggest adding sautéed red peppers, corn, and black beans to the chicken mixture. I would scatter a couple of minced (pickled from a jar) jalapeños on top! **

The directions are listed in stages under the photos. I used my homemade salsa! Here is how:
Salsa:
4 cans diced tomatoes
2 limes- juice and zest
4 scallions aka- green onions- small dice
1/2 bunch cilantro
2 green Chiles or fresh jalapeños
3 cloves garlic
salt to taste
1 teaspoon cumin

In a food processor pulverize the cilantro, garlic and Chiles. Add tomatoes and pulse until you achieve the texture you want. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Taste and add more salt , cumin, or lime juice to taste. Chill in the refrigerator until you need it.


The salsa really made this special. The Philadelphia Cooking Creme was rich with the perfect amount of spice. You know....the kind that lures you into a cold Margarita! I faced this head on. I had leftover salsa from a big party I threw. I had a coupon. I had one enormous baked chicken breast from last night. That is dinner on the fly! Try it! Always remember, you can ROCK THAT PLATE!


***A coupon was given to me by the Kraft First Tastes Program. A recipe is posted on the label of the carton. It is almost the same as this recipe. I changed things according to my taste preferences.***  

No comments: