Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Italian Sausage & Beans!

Dinner was fast and delicious!

After sautéing your veg., then sausages, puree your Can of tomato, basil, onion,& garlic combo. Simmer!

Add your 2 drained and rinsed navy  beans and simmer for around 20 minutes. Serve it up!

I served this with a strawberry summer salad!
Here we go:
2 packs of sausages. I used Johnsonvilles Chicken  sausage 3 cheese Italian style!  Great stuff!
1 package of button mushrooms- stem removed & sliced.
1 can of tomatoes. I use the Italian style with basil, onions, & garlic. Blitz in a food processor around 4 pulses.  I leave them with some texture.
2 cans of Navy, Northern, or Canellini beans- drained & rinsed!
2 tablespoon of olive oil
1 clove of minced garlic
1 cup of water
pepper to taste

Sauté your mushrooms in olive oil on high heat until seared nicely. Remove from your sauce pot and reserve for later. Sauté your sausages until nice color forms. Add 1/2 cup of water and your tomato & garlic ingredients. Add your beans and remaining water. I added 1 teaspoon of pepper at this time. Simmer covered on medium low heat for 20 minutes.

This was very tasty. It was remarkably quick. I gave little effort with big results. Fantastic for a work filled week! I find I do not add salt to this because of the can of tomatoes and beans. You adjust this to your taste. Next time I will add 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes. We like spicy food! Remember, you can ROCK THAT PLATE!

No comments: