Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Strawberry Summer Salad!

Fantastic dinner!

This was the dressing. Yes, from a bottle. I think I can make it fresh when we use all of this! It taste FABULOUS! That is Marzetti  strawberry chardonnay  salad dressing. Fantastic!

A bowl of sweet & savory sunshine.
Here we go:
Salad greens of your choice
1 carrot peeled and diced
3 scallion aka spring onions- cut into 1/8 inch rounds
1/2 cup of cucumbers- I use English b/c you can eat the peel.
1 rib of celery- minced

Put it all in a bowl and toss. I used 1/2 spinach leaves and 1/2 Spring salad mix. I wanted to share this salad because.......wait for it....... I have great visions for this as a main meal. I would add some grilled chicken, 1/4 cup of toasted almonds, half of a yellow pepper julienned, and 1/4 cup of Gorgonzola cheese. I can wait to try this again. You can build upon everything. If you like something think of how to personalize it for your dinner table. Be adventurous. I have to admit this was a great harbinger of springtime. It was like the ruby red strawberries were jewels. I must admit. I am tired of the snow and cold! Remember, you can ROCK THAT PLATE!

One more pretty picture!


No comments: