Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pineapple Banana Up- Side Down Cake!


Cake:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 box vanilla pudding mix
3 bananas- (mushed) I keep black bananas in my freezer. I just zap them in the microwave and peel.
3 eggs- 2 whole eggs and one egg white.
1/4 cup veggie oil
1/4 cup water
Mix well. Grease ad flour an angel food cake pan.
1 can of pineapple rings and the juice.
1 cup brown or dark brown sugar

Cover the bottom of the greased pan with brown sugar. Lay the pineapple ring in a single layer. Then overlap with the rest of the rings. Pour batter, evenly into cake pan. Bake on 300 degrees until a knife comes out of the deepest part of the cake cleanly. This takes around 1 hour or so.

Maraschino cherries would make this perfection. Place them in the center of the pineapple rings. But alas, I had none! Next time, I might slice bananas and place the rounds with the pineapple slices! This is a super moist cake! I think it is a great twist on a classic.
Using the mushed bananas, and 1 less egg yolk lightens up the cake! The little angel food cake pan (see picture below)will hold 1 pineapple ring! How cute! I always try to lighten everything up. Believe me we need the help! Remember, you can ROCK THAT PLATE!

1 comment:

Farmer Jo said...

Yum, I love pineapple upside down cake!